This page tells you all about becoming a member of Southport u3a.
WHO CAN JOIN
Anyone in the Third Age – beyond full time employment – can join the u3a and this includes people who are working part time. There is no lower or higher age limit. New members are very welcome.
HOW DO I JOIN
- Come along to the monthly meeting in Christ Church, Lord Street, Southport on the first Thursday of the month and you will be shown to the Membership table, where you can complete an application form.
- Click the link to download a membership application form. On the form you will find instructions for postal applications. Your membership card will be sent to you as receipt of your payment
If you wish to try us out before joining you may attend the monthly meeting as a guest for a £1 fee
If you are a UK taxpayer please complete the Gift Aid section as we may then collect money from the Tax Authority.
Annual membership cost is £10.
If you are joining as a couple, please complete one form for both and you will become joint members meaning all communication after that will be to you both.
The membership fee covers your inclusion in all groups you join; some will have a small additional fee for the cost of room hire or equipment which is shared across participants. Theatre trips, wine tasting, coach trips, meals etc all have to be paid for separately
If you wish for more information, or to ask any questions, click the link to contact the Membership Secretary.
RENEWING YOUR EXISTING MEMBERSHIP
Existing members will be sent a Renewal Notice during January They will have THREE ways of renewing their membership. They can:
- renew online using the Beacon system by clicking the link to the Membership Renewal Online page on this site
- return the printed renewal notice (see note below) together with a cheque and Stamped Self-Addressed Envelope to the Membership Secretary who will send them their new card
- renew by clicking the link to the Renewal Form (PDF), download, print* (see note below) and complete the form and post to the Membership Secretary together with a Stamped Self-Addressed Envelope. If you choose this option, please make sure to quote your existing membership number at the top of the form
*If you do not have a printing facility then please write out your details on a piece of paper and submit using one of the two methods above.