Southport u3a has moved from Beacon to Simple Membership. The new system is integrated with our website, meaning you will have all of the information you need in one place. Simple Membership is also easier to log into and to use.
The links below will open videos to help you learn how to log in to Simple Membership and use the facilities contained.
Although video number 3 is called ‘Paying online…’ you should note that this is an option and payment by cash/cheque will still be available.
- 1) Overview, logging in and joining groups
- 2) Joining an event
- 3) Paying online for an event (See note below)
- 4) Overview of miscellaneous facilities
Paying online for an event (video 3 notes)
- Unfortunately the PayPal payment service window does not appear in the video recording, possibly for security reasons. Therefore, I am including a summary here of the process.
- When you click on the ‘Pay Online’ link, on the event page, a new window opens giving information about the event for which you are paying and the amount owed. There is a button underneath the information, which says ‘Pay with PayPal’. It is important to note that this is only the PayPal service. You do not need a PayPal account to use this service.
- When you click on the ‘Pay with PayPal’ button, a payment window appears. At the top of this window you can log in to your PayPal account if you have one, otherwise scroll down a little and you will see a button labelled ‘Pay by debit or credit card’ (see image on left).
- If you do not want to pay with a PayPal account, click on the ‘Pay with credit or debit card’ button and you will be asked to enter your card details. Once you have done so and your payment has been accepted you will be returned to the previous window, which will change to show a ‘Payment Successful’ message.
- You can now return to the website.