In February 2024, Jim Hay will have completed six very hard-working but rewarding years as Membership Secretary and will not be standing for re-election. However, he has very kindly offered to take on an Assistant from January 2023, in order to make the transition as smooth as possible for the benefit of all our members.
This position is one of the most important tasks on our very pro-active and forward-looking Committee. The successful candidate will be the first point of contact between new members and Southport u3a, so a warm personality, a good sense of humour and the ability to empathise and deal with the general public is essential. You won’t be starting from scratch as there is already an excellent system in place and you will have the support of the Committee.
Some basic aspects of the job are:
• You will be responsible for providing information to all our members using excellent administrative and database knowledge.
• You will maintain accurate membership records in the desired format.
• You will produce leaflets, brochures and joining packs for new members.
• You will co-ordinate open days or attendance at public events to raise public awareness of u3a and attract new members.
• You will liaise with the Treasurer over financial aspects of membership
• You will deal with income accrued from membership fees.
If you think you could manage some or all of the above, we would love to hear from you with regard to the Membership Secretary role. Please contact Paddy McNeish, Chair