As the daffodils start popping up your u3a Committee have sprung into action with ideas for some new u3a activities.
Are you are interested in helping to establish any of these suggested groups?
None of these are yet on Simple Membership – they are all in the planning stage – they will go ahead if we have enough interest.
- Murder Mystery
- Astrology – Tarrot and Chart reading
- Jackanory – Book Narration
- Old Grumpies – I think this involves going to the Pub
- Model Trains
- Scaletrix for Group Ups
- Sunday Lunch Group
- Dinner Club
- Members Who Lunch
- Ten Pin Bowling
- Short Mat / Carpet Bowling
- Kite Flying
- Ball Room Dancing
- Latin American, Salsa Dancing
- Walking Netball
- Walking Football
- Foot Golf
- Dog Walking with your Sociable Pooch
- Chair based Yoga
- Keep Kit
- Chair Based Keep Fit
- Science, Nature & Technology – Various talks and trips on scientific matters
- Trading Places – Playing with Stocks and Shares – using virtual money on a live stock market
- Antique Restoration & Appreciation
- Glass Engraving
- In a Jam & in a Pickle – Jam & Pickle Making
- Cookery Classes
- Home Made Wine & Beer Making
To get involved and find out more please use our contact form to get in touch with Christine Howorth, with the following information :-
A) Name of the activities
B) Your level of interest – Help Run / Help Plan / Wish to know more & attend.
Or – Helpful information such as ‘ I know a Salsa Tutor; I have a load of Demi johns; Scaletrix; Know a great speaker on Antiques etc.
C) Any activity not on the list you think would be good for the u3a.
So why not Spring into Action today!
If you are not yet a member of Southport u3a, but are interested in joining and getting involved in any of the above, please get in touch using our contact form.