|Day of meeting||As arranged|
|Leader (click the link to email)||Geoff Matthews|
Are you interested in live Jazz performance?
Geoff’s aim is:
- to arrange (say) 6 visits bi-monthly to contemporary jazz venues in the North West (say no more than 1 hour’s journey) covering a broad spectrum of the music
- to negotiate a deal with the promoter for group admission
- to facilitate appropriate transport
- to arrange for the group to meet the musicians if they wish
- to suggest catering arrangements if necessary
Geoff has a regular table at the monthly meeting in Christ Church where you can buy tickets for any of the Jazz events.
Dates For Your Diary
- Susan Corcoran (vocals & narrative)
- Brian Rennie (tenor saxophone)
- Anthony Ormesher (guitar
|06 Dec 2021 |
|Film, Dinner and Jazz Evening|
The Southport u3a Jazz Group are holding a late afternoon and evening of film and live jazz with a meal in between. The venue is Southport Bijou Cinema and a great time is guaranteed.
|03 Jan 2022 |
|Blues In The Night|
The Southport u3a Jazz Group present an evening of entertainment featuring Johnny Mercer with:
|07 Feb 2022 |
|The Brownfield – Byrne Trio|
British Jazz Awards winning trumpeter
Jamie Brownfield and outstanding saxophonist Liam Byrne are joined by guitar virtuoso Andy Hulme for a lively evening of what you could call ‘Chicago Era’ foot tapping swing!